06 April 2011
Today Felinx Lee and I launched TornadoGists.org which is a site for discussing gists related to Tornado (python web framework open sourced by Facebook).
Everyone in the Tornado community seems to solve similar problems in different ways. Oftentimes, these solutions are just a couple of lines or so and not something you can really turn into a full package with
setup.py and everything.
Sharing a snippet of code is a great way to a) help other people and b) to get feedback on your solutions.
The goal is to make it a very open and active project with lots of contributors. I'll be accepting and reviewing all forks but hopefully control will be opened up to all Tornado developers. Also, since the code is quite generic to any open source project Felinx and I might one day port this to rubygists.org or lispgists.org or something like that. After all, Github does all the heavy lifting and we just wrap it up nicely.
- Strange socket related error with supervisord
05 April 2011
- Mocking DBRefs in Mongoose and nodeunit
14 April 2011
- Related by category:
- How much faster is Redis at storing a blob of JSON compared to PostgreSQL?
28 September 2019
- Best practice with retries with requests
19 April 2017
- Fastest way to find out if a file exists in S3 (with boto3)
16 June 2017
- Interesting float/int casting in Python
25 April 2006
- Fastest way to unzip a zip file in Python
31 January 2018
- Related by keyword:
- hastebinit - quickly paste snippets into hastebin.com
11 October 2012
- Highlighted code syntax in Keynote
30 August 2014
- Whatsdeployed facelift
05 January 2018
- Common names amongst my Facebook friends
26 June 2014
- String comparison function in Python (alpha)
22 December 2007