Pleonasm is one of the "hardest" words I know. I learnt it when I lived in France as a french word and then I took for granted that it was called the same in English. I couldn't find the word in the dictionary until today:
pleonasm \PLEE-uh-naz-uhm\, noun:
1. The use of more words than are necessary to express an idea; as, "I saw it with my own eyes."
2. An instance or example of pleonasm.
3. A superfluous word or expression.
So it does exist in English. Cool. Remember the word now :)
- Animator vs. Animation
08 June 2006
- Wanna be my flatmate?
12 June 2006
- Related by category:
- Best YouTube Chefs of 2017
14 July 2017
- The Jesus story - A serious case of plagiarism
03 January 2009
- Ask Yahoo "What state do the Simpsons live in?"
05 January 2006
- How to identify/classify what language a piece of text is
09 August 2016
- My favorite YouTube channels
11 March 2014
- Related by keyword:
- Be careful with using dict() to create a copy
09 September 2015
- Fastest way to uniquify a list in Python >=3.6
23 December 2017
23 February 2018
- SmartDict - a smart 'dict' wrapper
14 July 2005
- Cheeky Explore (Dictionary of Everything)
26 May 2005