23 October 2005
Yes, Pandora is great but it too can make mistakes. All software make mistakes. When that happens it's important that you deal with the mistake/error in a constructive manner. Firstly you have to have your debugging tools set up to alert the developer(s) of the error with full details and correct integrity and secondly you need to report back to the innocent user a message (and in some cases a good plan of action for the user to take).
Pandora seemed to be struggling today when I started it and since I haven't seen that before I took a screenshot of the error message and here I write about it.
What's good about this error message?
- it's honest ("We're having unexpected technical difficulties")
- it's informative with a twist (they're informing the user about what they're doing about it with a comical twist "scrambling to fix things")
- it's instructive ("Please try again later")
- Pandora - a great Internet radio
21 October 2005
- Shane's Bit Mountain
25 October 2005
- Related by category:
- Best YouTube Chefs of 2017
14 July 2017
- The Jesus story - A serious case of plagiarism
03 January 2009
- Ask Yahoo "What state do the Simpsons live in?"
05 January 2006
- How to identify/classify what language a piece of text is
09 August 2016
- My favorite YouTube channels
11 March 2014
- Related by keyword:
- Careful with your assertRaises() and inheritance of exceptions
10 April 2013
- Internet Radio - Day of Silence
26 June 2007
- Squeezebox + Pandora
08 March 2006
- Now I'm on Last.fm
30 October 2007
- Interesting NHS error message
21 July 2005