(For context, I released Autocompeter.com last week and now I'm thinking about improvements)
I posted a question on Twitter about which highlighting formatting people prefer and got some interesting feedback. More about that later.
The piece of feedback that really got my attention came from my friend Honza Král.
He wondered if not the whole word should be highlighted instead of just the beginning of the word.
I've actually been thinking about that too but never got around to trying it out. Until now.
What do you think?
I have the code in a branch and I'm still mulling it over. There's sort of a convention to just highlight based on what you've typed so far. I don't want to be too weird because when people don't feel familiar they don't like what they see even if the new actually is better.
- gulp-header is the best!
09 April 2015
- Benchmarking Autocompeter
12 April 2015
- Related by category:
- How to "onchange" in ReactJS
21 October 2015
- To then() or to success() in AngularJS
27 November 2014
- How to create-react-app with Docker
17 November 2017
- Fastest way to find out if a file exists in S3 (with boto3)
16 June 2017
- How to throttle AND debounce an autocomplete input in React
01 March 2018
- Related by keyword:
- Autocompeter is Dead. Long live Autocompeter!
09 January 2017
- How I installed letsencrypt for Nginx
26 January 2016
02 April 2015
- A quicksearch for Bugzilla using Autocompeter
27 January 2016
- Autocompeter 1.1.8 and smooth typing
06 April 2015